Thursday, April 9, 2009

Sugar Cookies

Yesterday I decided to make sugar cookies for Easter. Everyone at my work loves them and begs me to make them. They are almost as good as my snickerdoodles. Here is the recipe if anyone that wants to try it.........
Soft Sugar Cookies

Cream together:
2 C Sugar
1 C butter

Add:
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 C sour cream

Mix and add:
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 C flour

Add:
2 1/2 to 3 cups flour until dough is stiff

Refrigerate for 2 + hours

Roll on floured surface and add flour as needed (so it's not too sticky). Make about the thickness of your little finger. Cut out with cookie cutters (bigger cookie cutters work better).

Bake 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes (do not overcook).

Remove immediately from cookie sheet to cool on wire rack. When completely cooled, frost with cream cheese frosting and decorate as desired.

Note: I use a lot of parchment paper. I use it on my cookie sheets and in between layers of cookies so that the frosting doesn't smear.

No comments: