He was not transported to St. Louis today. His fever seems to have broken and he might be able to go home later tomorrow. Of course, with follow up visits with his specialist in St. Louis.
So, Good News!
My dad had to be taken to the emergency room on Friday night. He has had kidney trouble for quite some time. Last week he went to St. Louis to see a specialist and received nothing but bad news, not sure of the details, but not good. They also informed him that he had a kidney infection. He waited too long to fill his prescription and it just got worse. My mother took him to the emergency room after he woke up from a nap with a fever and in serious pain. They hooked him up to an IV with antibiotics and gave him something for the fever. They said that they might have to transport him via ambulance to St. Louis from Hannibal (2 hrs away) if things didn't improve...
Saturday he seemed to be doing better. However, today his fever is back. They are doing some kind of dye test on him tonight at 11:00pm to see if they kind find anything, blockage or whatever. He will probably be transported in the morning to St. Louis.
I am very worried and being so far away doesn't help. So, I sit here and wait....my cell phone never out of my sight.
This is a picture of Kenlee and my daddy right before we had to take him and my mom to the airport, back in January. We were really sad to see them go, Kenlee wasn't going to let go until she had to. This picture reminds me of when I was the little girl sitting on his lap.
In other news...Avery, my new little nephew, is doing much better and they think that he might get out of the hospital on Tuesday. Thank Goodness!!