Tuesday, March 23, 2010

J A City

I volunteered for Kenlee's class to help in Junior Achievement City at Discovery Gateway. It was amazing. Its just like a little city with all different businesses. I could not believe all the detail that went in to this project. All the 5th graders had assigned jobs they had to do. Not to mention, opening a savings account, depositing payroll checks and shopping. There was a lot going on in the 4 hour span. To say the least, I had a huge headache and it would have been a lot easier to go do my real job for the day. It was a really unique experience for the kids and I wish they had to do it every year. So if you get the chance and your child's school goes, you should volunteer for this. You have to see it to believe it!


Kenlee was a bank teller and she was super busy...she did a great job!

This is the elevator the kids rode in. It was gigantic! I had to take a picture.

I was so busy the whole time that these are the only pictures I got..its too bad because it was amazing!

3 comments:

natterbee said...

What an awesome experience. I love it when my kids get to participate in activities like and when teachers go "above and beyond" so kids will have memorable experiences.

Debbie said...

This is so great! Thanks for sharing.

Aubrey Anne said...

Kenlee looks cute in that picture! Her hair is getting long. I miss her! That sounds like an awesome experience, and how important!! I wish schools did more practical learning things like this.