Thursday, July 31, 2008

My 4th Grader

So this week Kenlee has started the 4th grade. Her teacher, Ms. Mumford, is new to the school and seems really nice. Her new classroom is out in a portable, she complains about it being freezing and takes a sweatshirt. Though she won't admit it....she is glad to be back in school. (I don't think that she liked being at daycare all day.) She has been really good about doing her homework at daycare right after school so that when she gets home, she can play. As usual, she is the smallest kid in her class. I guess we'll see how it goes.
Other stuff.......
Our trailer is not selling. We have had some calls and actually showed it to a few people. The first couple we showed it to happened to know Grandma Madsen. She was talking to me about her life and everything and she mentioned that she was a librarian at Joel P. Jensen Middle School, not actually when Grandma Madsen taught there, but shortly after her retirement. I can't remember exactly how she knew her but she did. Their last name was Minza or Mensa or something like that. They didn't buy it though. :( So now we just keep waiting and crossing our fingers!

4 comments:

Aubrey Anne said...

Where's the picture??? I wanna see a picture of our 4th grader! :) I'm glad she's happy to be there, and tell her I spent a few years in a portable... it kinda sucks, so I relate. It WAS always freezing! Anyway, tell her I say hi and we miss her!

Brooke said...

Hello! It's Brooke from down the street. I got your blog from your comment on Amy Bakers. I hope you don't mind. I love to keep up on people I know and I am a picture freak too so I love to see pictures. So I went to Joel P Jensen. I had a teacher named Mrs. Madsen. Could it possibly be your Mrs. Madsen? Did she have really short hair? I don't remember which class though. Anyway, our blog is www.jbkeddington.blogspot.com. I'll add you to my list of friends if that's okay.

Krista Miller said...

Hey Brooke! Yes she does have short hair, mostly gray/white now and she is a petite little lady. I'm going to bet she is one in the same. It's such a small world! Go ahead and add me and I'll add you too!

Anonymous said...

KRISTA!!! you need to put a pic of Kenlee on here of her as a big old fourth grader!!!! i cannot even believe it. i miss you guys soooo much. please come home soon and visit! i dreamt last night that you let me and keith have kenlee for a month, just to visit and we had a blast!!! please come home and visit! love, jaelle
momtothreebabies@netscape.com
www.momtothreebabies.wordpress.com there are pics of the kids on there.