Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Ragnar Rocks!!

I survived the Las Vegas Ragnar! It was so much fun, I can't even describe it! All the girls on my team were! We gathered in Provo (see picture below) and drove to Mequite where we stayed at one of the girl's parents house. We woke at 4am to head out and make the drive to the Valley of Fire, to the start line. It was so gorgeous there. We started the race at 7:15am. I was runner #2, I started around 8am. My first run was 8.8 miles, rated very hard. My team drove ahead and stopped a couple times to offer me water and lots of encouragement! I feel like I did pretty dang good! All the time I spent training really paid off. My second run began around 7pm and it was 4.3miles rated easy...It was NOT easy! My third and final run began sometime around 4am and I rocked it!!! 3.0 miles (5k) rated easy and I finished in just under 23 minutes...I have never ran that fast...I was floating by the about an adrenaline rush! L to R: Me, Jenn, Katie, Rebecca, Raychel, Kelli, Sara, Amy
Bottom: Sarah and Bobbi
(our other 2 runners met us in Vegas)
I'm on the team! YAY!!!
Our team name was "Training Broads"
Jenn giving me water during my first run.
keep on runnin'
And runnin'
Me, Rebecca, Sarah and Jenn at a water fountain in the Venitian (pic is out of order)
Van #1 waiting for the rest of our team at the finish line
The whole team at the finish line....195 miles in 31.07 hours

All the girls at the Venetian

We ran 195 miles through the desert in 31.07 hours. We finished 9th in the Women's Division! Not too bad for only getting 2 hours of sleep in 2 days, a pregnant woman, one trip to the ER and a knee injury.


The Didericksen's said...

That is so awesome!! I am so glad u had an amaing time!!

Debbie said...

Congratulations! This is awesome. So glad you were able to do it.

natterbee said...

I can't believe how awesome you are! Great job!!! You should be so proud of yourself for that amazing accomplishment. I meant to call last weekend to find out how it went, but I'm terrible at making phone calls - sorry. I'm glad to hear it went great. P.S. What was the ER trip about?