Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Nothing Terribly Exciting

Well, I've been told that I need to update my blog. Problem is, there's not too much going on with us. No news is good news, right?

Kenlee started 5th grade on the 17th of August. She has homework every night and we are working on her Science Fair project also. Her teacher is pregnant and she seems to like her, most of the time. A new thing for her this year is study hall, she has to go to study hall if she doesn't finish her class work. The thing is that Kenlee would rather stay in than go out to recess. I think this rule is probably not the best for her. She definitely needs more physical activity in her life. She is really excited for her birthday, which is Oct. 1st...less than a month away. I cannot believe she will be 11 years old!!! Yikes!

Justin is working hard, as always. He recently got an eye exam to get new glasses and prescription sunglasses, the ones he uses now are about 5 years old (he was due for sure). Fortunately, his prescription hasn't changed much at all.....unlike me, I get more blind with each passing day. The optometrist said that he probably wouldn't even notice the difference. Lucky!

I have reached my goal weight and seem to be maintaining for now. I actually bought a size 4 pair of jeans!!! I cannot believe it, I never thought I would get to this point. I am loving the muscles that I have developed in my legs and its great motivation to keep me going. I exercise at least every other day. I am finally using my elliptical machine that I've had for a couple years that has been collecting dust in the basement. It got moved upstairs to my office and hooked to cable so I can watch TV on its little screen....really cool! I have also been running, which I am really enjoying. The only problem is that I am mostly working out my legs while my upper body could use some toning up. I am going to have to start doing my Jillian Michaels videos again.

Well, that's all that I could think of for now.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A size 4??? That is just embarrassing! What about food storage? Come on - you don't want people to mistake you for a teenager, do you? Think it over and if you need some help I could give you some tips on how to beef up quickly.